Posted on April 14, 2009 by mattflagler Lately I have been consumed of thoughts and memories of our time here in Thailand. I guess that’s normal since this is our last day here. I thought I would write a post of some of my favorite memories of Thailand and fun things I remember about my kids:
- Elephants walking down the street.
- Food carts everywhere.
- Seeing movies and having to stand for the king’s anthem.
- Thursday night poker games.
- Eating at Sombats and Que Pasa
- Our small group
- Hanging out with the Seaman family, playing Settlers with them, and spending time with their kids.
- Soi dogs
- The Black Swan
- Dome pretending to be a cop:
- Dome: “Pause Mr. Matt!”
- Me: “Pause? I think you mean freeze.”
- Dome: “Oh yeah, freeze Mr. Matt.”
- Web: “I want to eat Mr. Matt.” “I want to eat chew gum.”
- Web wanting to tutor with me everyday and never wanting to leave once tutoring was over.
- Daonua and GiGi fighting over which one loves me more and who can sit in my lap.
- Questions the kids asked every single time we had show and tell regardless of what was being shown:
- “How much you pay for it?”
- “Where you buy?”
- “What is it’s name?”
- “Is it a boy or girl?”
- “What color is it?”
- Minty treats with Tiffany
- Kids crying over the dumbest things.
- Christmas with the Lawsons and skyping with family.
- Chiang Mai and Krabi
- Giant spiders, geckos, and lizards in the house.
And so many other things that it would be impossible to mention all of them. Thailand and the kids that I taught have left a lasting impression on me. I am so thankful that God gave us the opportunity to come here and have a small part in the lives of the kids that we taught.
"I want to eat chew gum"! I remember that. I wonder if he will ever learn :)
ReplyDelete